What We Do
As part of their part-time military careers, members of The Loyal Edmonton Regiment:
- Conduct training one evening a week – Wednesday nights, 7- 10 pm (September to May).
- Conduct Field Training Exercises – Weekends, monthly.
- Actively participate in community events.
- Volunteer for summer training and employment at various training centers across Canada.
- Volunteer to deploy for military taskings within or outside Canada.
Being a member of The Loyal Edmonton Regiment can offer you a multitude of skills, abilities, and benefits:
- Personal Discipline
- Physical Fitness
- Problem Solving
You will also learn infantry specific skills:
- Weapons Training (Personal and Support)
- Tactics (Individual and Group)
- Patrolling and Reconnaissance
- Field communications and navigation
- Winter Warfare
- Combat First Aid
- Unarmed combat
- Members may also undergo specialized training such as airmobile, amphibious, mountain and urban operations and are trained to operate in all environments, including the arctic, mountain, jungle and desert areas.
As your career advances so will the challenges facing your leadership ability. You will be constantly learning and acquiring new skills that will aid you in both your military and civilian life.
For more on what we do in the infantry click on the following links. Be sure to look at the Part-time Option tab.
The Loyal Edmonton Regiment also has an active and excellent band. For detailed information, go to the Regimental Band page on this site.